Chapter I: Purpose
MUMIA – Underground World Animation Festival – is focused in promoting recent animation short films, incentivating inovation and creativity.
Chapter II: Submission
2.1 - The Festival is opened to national and international animated films, completed after 2008. Each director can submit more than one film or video, but must submit each of them with separate entry forms. Videos made in different worlds will be very well accepted too.
2.2 - Submissions are open from March 1st to May 31. Follow the instructions below:
- Fill the formulary: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSceHoDKrg0-2bLuNSIZMFmxCEw5bmU19vjDAWwkQ9bpK1_Ivg/viewform
- The films must be delivered in H264 only, regardless of the original format, that should be sent to the email firstname.lastname@example.org, or through wetransfer (www.wetransfer.com) or a DVD sent to the address: 16º MUMIA – Rua da Bahia, 1148, sala 1714, Centro, Belo Horizonte – MG, CEP 30190-906, Brasil.
- Digital archives should be in the following format: mov or MP4, codec H264, exported to a maximum 40 mbps and audio codec AAC or DTS, maximum 192 kHz / 24-bit.
- Films that do not fit the festival's especifivations below can be disqualified and not selected.
- It is also necessary to send publicity material such as photos of the film to the email email@example.com, correctly identified.
- International films must send a dialogue list.
Chapter III: Selection
3.1 - There will not be selection of the films and videos submitted, but there are disqualification criteria such as:
3.2 - films that do not fit the festival's genre, according to the opinion of the festival's diretors; films not delivered in the specified format; international films without the dialogue list.
3.3 - Selected films and the programming will be available from september, 2018 in: http://www.mostramumia.blogspot.com/
Chapter IV: General Information
4.1 – Film copies will not be returned and will be part of the Festival’s archive and can be screened only for cultural purposes on special programmes in Brasil or other countries, including television programmes, without commercial purposes, under the director’s authorization.
4.2 - If your work is accepted into the festival, you agree to allow MUMIA to use the images of the film (sound and clips, maximum of 30”) to promote special programmes, screenings or other cultural products.
4.3 – MUMIA’s is also allowed to use pictures, photos and the publicity materials of the films to promote them in every media supports.
4.4- All the selected Brazilian and international animations will be part of a Special Programme to be screened on the cities of Teófilo Otoni and Divinópolis (Minas Gerais) on March / 2019.
4.5 – Registrations will not be confirmed.
4.6 - The submitter of the films must pay for all the shipping costs. The festival will not accept any charges.
4.7 - The entry of a film or a video implies acceptance of the terms of these rules. Making the inscription through Google docs linked to MUMIA's blog also indicates the acceptance of these rules.
4.8 - Other issues will be decided by the MUMIA’s organization committee.